With sunny skies and temperatures increasing now is the time to increase air conditioner efficiency. Here is a complete list of things you can do to ensure your AC is running smoothly!
Unblock and vacuum your vents
1. Keep your vents free of any dust/debris. Even if you dust and vacuum on a regular basis your vents may still be blocked!
Make sure all doors and windows are shut
2. One of the easiest ways for cool air to escape is open doors and windows. If that’s the goal, just make sure to turn off your AC system first!
Ensure all heat-producing appliances are away from the thermostat
3. Did you know that where your thermostat is placed plays a big role in how efficient it runs? If you’re not sure if yours is near anything that could hurt how it runs, we would love to send out one of our HVAC technicians to check for you!
Fix any leaks in your attic, around windows, and from under your doors
4. Air leaks are another big reason why air might be escaping out of your home. The more cool air that leaves, the more you will be paying in utility costs.
Change your AC Filter
5. A dirty filter can almost stop the flow of air from your AC system completely. Not only do clogged filters reduce the quality of air but they also are one of the cheapest ways to ensure your system is running smoothly!
Make sure to follow these five simple steps to make sure you stay cool and cost-effective this summer. If you run into any problems when checking out your AC system do not hesitate to give us a call! #WeExsistToServe