Do you ever come back after vacation to a high electric bill or worry if you turn them off completely somebody is going to break in? We have put together a pre-vacation checklist for you, so you won't have to worry about those things any longer!
Put your lights on a timer
1. This is one of the most cost effective tricks to make it look like you are still home. This is even a great way to save money even when you are home!
Turn off your water
2. If you plan on being gone longer than a week it is a smart decision to turn off your water completely. If you will be gone for just a weekend, no need to worry about this step!
Move your cars into your garage
3. Moving your cars into your garage will protect your cars from any sort of unwanted damage. Whether it be from hail or someone potentially breaking in.
Adjust your AC
4. No need to put your AC at 65° if you won't be there. Adjust your AC unit to be closer to the temperature outside so your AC unit doesn't have to work as hard while you're gone.
Empty the trash
5. Even if you're not the type of person to clean your entire house before you leave for a trip, you can at least take out the trash. This will make going home from paradise just a little more bearable.
Lastly, don't forget to lock up your house
6. This is one of the easiest and most important steps to follow before going out of town. Just make sure you don't leave your keys at the beach!
When it comes to going on vacation the little things go a long way in making sure your return goes as smooth as possible.